On page SEO, what does it exactly mean?
On page SEO is all about, how search engines and users will read your website. There are many factors which are considered for on page SEO like unique page content, unique Meta tags, image ALT text, user-friendly URL, easy navigation.
- Page Content – Excellent content decides the position in search engine. When visitors visit your website it should be relevant to their search query. Try to write easy to read content with the required information. Relevancy and uniqueness of content decide the position of your website in search engine.
- Meta Tags – Meta tags includes title tags and description tags.
i) Title tags – It is necessary to keep in mind while writing Title tags that it tells both search engines and users, what the page is all about in short. Title tags are displayed in bold text & the first line in the search result. So try to write clickable title tags so that more people click on it and visits your page. Create unique title tags for each website page.
ii) Meta Description – Meta description is to write the summary of the page. Write a description for both search engines and users. Users should show interest in your page and clicks on page listing. It is necessary to write unique Meta description for each page on a website.
- User-Friendly URL – Structure user-friendly URL for every page, which is easy to understand and convey the information about the page through the URL. This makes it easy to understand for search engines and users.
- Image ALT Tag – Your website optimization can be done using “ALT” attribute for website images. If due to some reason your website is unable to display images, alt tags give information/text about the image.
- Easy Navigation – Use easy website navigation so that users quickly understand the website and internal links to other pages very easily. This also helps search engines to understand exactly which page most of the user visits.
- Robot.txt File – This file tells search engines which page to be crawled and which is not allowed to crawl. Sensitive information of the website, which you think Google should not consider while crawling you can make changes in robot.txt file accordingly.
- Sitemap – Sitemap is a list of web pages in your website, which search the engines will crawl. This helps
web crawlers to know more about website pages.